Like most runners, when I started I swore I’d never run a marathon. 1 KM was a struggle, what crazy person would submit themselves to 42 KM????
So, when I saw the promotion for HSN21KM, which will be held on 8 October 2016 at Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur……..Hmmmm…..I decided it was time to cross a marathon or maybe for beginners, a half marathon 21 KM off my bucket list.
Therefore….here’s a short post for a little chuckle for all readers and runners and an honest look for those considering the journey…just like me…ehem…Some of it may not all hold true for you, but likely will……
- You will the following week declare this is the worst idea you have ever had! (What!!!!???? A half marathon?? HSN21KM Half Marathon!!!!)
- You will have to shuffle all kinds of plans to get up early everyday- after dropping kids to school for hours of running and training.
- Your other half will be very, very, very, VERY, tired of hearing about your training (it’s why blogs like this exist!)
- You will develop an inner knowing that you can do hard things!
- You will over come every mental barrier you have set up ( get a coach if you are still struggling)
- Checking the weather will become your second job and regardless of what it says, you will still run
- Questions about the ability to complete HSN21KM will be only in your mind
- Running does not have to be so serious, it is supposed to be FUN….Not easy…BUT FUN!
- Runners come in all shapes and sizes. A 70 year-old will pass you, a mom with a jogging stroller will pass you and you will realize how amazing it is that they are out on the roads with you.
- There are so many more hilarious thoughts and moments that happen during training- and moments of pure joy and moments of pure defeat! It is what keeps me coming back each day!
I am on my journey, embarking my first 21 half marathon for HSN21KM which will be held on 8 October 2016 at Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur…being their official blogger and writer, the team so far, has been very,very encouraging and very motivating! So, dear runners……Come join me on this journey as I embark my first attempt of a half marathon – HSN21KM. For more information- http://www.hsn21km.com